Here is a great recipe for a very yummy German Marble Cake. I tried several recipes before I found this one and it is a keeper. I use a Bundt cake pan to make this German Marble Cake. This cake is great by itself, but can also be decorated. I, for example, used a Bundt cake as the top of the Barbie cake you can find in my earlier posts. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com which is such a great resource and just tweaked it a little.
• 1 cup butter
• 1 3/4 cups sugar (I usually use 1 cup, because this is sweet enough for my taste)
• 5 egg yolks
• 3 1/2 cups flour
• 1 cup milk
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 5 egg whites
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
2. Gradually stir in flour, alternating with milk, until everything is mixed in. Stir in the baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy. Fold in egg whites into batter. (I use a mixer to do this, so the egg whites and batter mix properly.)
4. Hold 1/4 of the batter, and pour the rest into Bundt pan.
5. Mix cocoa into the remaining batter. Pour onto batter in the pan and fold under with a fork.
6. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you like you can add about 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the whole batter to give the cake a little more taste.
Please share your baking pictures: